EDGAR COUNTY, Ill. (WTHI) - May the cure be with you, fight like a Jedi!
That was the theme at the Edgar County Relay For Life on Saturday.
Hundreds of people gathered at Twin Lakes Park in Paris, Illinois.
The event raised money for the American Cancer Society. It happens every year.
People were at the park since 10 a.m.
Organizers hoped to show others they're in the fight together.
"And our goal is so no one has to go through that," said Co-Captain Tammy Terry, "No one as a parent has to watch their little boy or little girl go through that. So that's why everyone fights."
The relay wrapped up around 10 p.m. Central with a candelight ceremony.
- Relay For Life channels Star Wars theme in Edgar County
- Edgar County Manhunt Ends
- Relay for Life event set for Saturday
- Disney's new 'Star Wars' theme park coming to a galaxy near you
- Suspect arrested on drug charges in Edgar County
- Terre Haute man dies in Edgar County motorcycle accident
- Edgar County works to keep residents cool with cooling centers
- New clinic teams up with Edgar County factory
- Police in Edgar County on the search for gas thieves
- UPDATE: Edgar County man dies after Friday night crash