TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A new restaurant has opened its doors in Terre Haute.
It's owned by a Syrian family who left their homeland with nothing but the shirts on their backs to pursue the American dream.
The Batman family decided to pursue their dreams and never look back. The family came to America as refugees and started a family business.
The restaurant is called Kabab Grill and it's located at 2501 S 3rd Street.
The family says it wasn't easy to get here but now they're taking the opportunity and never letting go.
They say their main goal is to bring authentic Mediterranean flavors to the Wabash Valley.
- Refugee family opens restaurant in Terre Haute
- New restaurant opens in downtown Terre Haute
- New sub restaurant confirms plans to open in Terre Haute
- New restaurant open for business in downtown Terre Haute
- New Terre Haute restaurant set to open next week
- Clay County-based restaurant set to open Terre Haute location
- 'Lunch Mob' invades Terre Haute restaurant
- Terre Haute restaurant honored for its wine list
- Fire hits Terre Haute restaurant for the second time
- Terre Haute Police investigate armed robbery at Mexican restaurant