WABASH VALLEY (WTHI) - Preventing child abuse across the Wabash Valley.
On Wednesday, blue pinwheels were placed on the Vigo County Courthouse lawn.
It is to represent Child Abuse Awareness.
Several different or1ganizations, including the Department of Child Services and CASA, were in attendance, along with a number of volunteers.
They were all there to speak out for children who can't speak for themselves.
"It takes a community to raise a child. The little adage it takes a village to raise a child...so we all meet to be aware and be looking out and be aware of what's going on in our community," Gleena Cheeseman, from Vigo County CASA, said.
Officials say if you see something, say something.
In Indiana, call 800.800.5556
In Illinois, call 800.25-ABUSE
In an emergency situation, call 9-1-1.
- Raising awareness for child abuse
- Ride raises awareness of suicide
- Business raises money for autism awareness
- Symposium raises awareness on rural opioid crisis
- Pinwheels planted for Child Abuse Prevention Month
- Indiana child welfare agency calls for ending child abuse
- Basketball tournament raises awareness for Wabash Valley Teen Challenge Center
- National dog bite prevention month raises awareness in local communities
- Burgers served up to help raise Alzheimer's awareness
- Runners in Vincennes run to raise suicide awareness