TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Radiation is all around us, but did you know that it can be both beneficial and harmful.
Starting on Monday and lasting through Saturday is Radiation Awareness Week.
Radiation occurs naturally in our environment, industries, hospitals, and even in our homes.
The Indiana Department of Homeland Security wants you to learn more about the effects of radiation.
You can learn more about the different types of radiation and how it impacts you here.
- Radiation can help or harm people, Radiation Awareness Week organizers hope to educate people on the difference
- Experts say Trump’s EPA moving to loosen radiation limits
- Program hopes to educate people on benefits in rural areas
- Non-Profit Organization helps keep people fed through the weekend
- People join walk to raise money and awareness for MS
- Knox County CASA works to educate people about their cause
- Make a Difference: Joe Cooper and the F.A.C.T. organization
- Stores hoping people keep shopping offer Cyber Monday deals
- #Warmupthewabashvalley movement hopes to help people in need
- Local organization celebrates World Breastfeeding Week