SEELYVILLE, Ind. (WTHI) - People will do all sorts of things to raise money for the causes they believe in. From selling t-shirts to baked goods, or washing cars, you name it! One local man plans to put his feet to work for a good cause.
A local Lost Creek Township runner plans to be running for 24 hours, weather permitting, at the Lost Creek Garden Trail. The runner will be starting this Friday at 8 p.m.
Sponsors are welcome to help with this runner’s mission. Several people are donating $1 per mile for each mile he runs.
All proceeds will go toward upkeep or improvements of the walking trail. The runner’s goal is to run 100 miles.
The runner says he's not looking for praise or publicity for what he's doing, he just wants to help take care of the place he loves to be active! It's evident that he loves this space because he's racked up more than 10 thousand laps around the trail since it opened in May of 2018.
If you wish to be a sponsor and or donate to the cause, you can contact the Lost Creek Township office at 812-877-3415 or Rick Long at 812-239-0135.
- Racking up miles for a good cause
- New Coke themed bike racks coming to downtown Terre Haute
- Coca-Cola Bike Racks installed in downtown Terre Haute
- A 3,500 mile walk for childhood cancer
- PHOTOS: Walk a Mile in Her Shoes
- Culinary Queens provide good eats for a good cause
- Town receives good fire grades
- Good Samaritan receives Magnet recognition
- Pancakes for a good cause
- Bowling for a good cause