UPDATE: REMC reports all power has been restored to impacted customers.
SOUTHERN INDIANA (WTHI) - REMC of Western Indiana is reporting power outages in Martin and Daviess counties due to an accident.
An automated message with REMC stated the outage is affecting Odon, Loogootee and surrounding areas. Right now there are 303 customers without power in Daviess County and 89 without power in Martin County.
Officials report the accident involved a semi and three utility poles were damaged.
The outage could last several hours because of the extent of the damage in the accident. With the amount of customers without power, you may experience a longer than normal wait time when trying to call REMC.
For outage information, click here.
- Power restored in Daviess and Martin counties
- Fire destroys Daviess county business
- Daviess county honors the fallen
- Community Restore
- Daviess County man charged with dealing meth
- Power slowly being restored in northern Vermillion County; less than 50 customers without power
- Power restored after major planned outage in North Terre Haute
- One arrested after pursuit in Martin County
- Martin County hostage situation ends without incident
- Martin County man killed in crash