PUTNAM COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A correctional officer from Vigo County was arrested for having a sexual relationship with an offender in the Putnamville Correctional Facility.
52-year-old Barbara Kapaun was arrested on Sunday after officials allege she had an inappropriate relationship with an inmate in the prison.
Kapaun was charged with official misconduct and sexual misconduct by a service provider.
She is currently in the Putnam County Jail.
- Putnam County correctional officer accused of sexual relationship with offender
- Local correctional officer arrested
- One person dead after Putnam County crash
- Two hurt in Putnam County crash
- Community corrections makes switch to electronic monitoring for offenders
- Correctional Officer arrested, accused of trafficking with an inmate
- Correctional Officer arrested for trafficking at Wabash Valley Correctional Facility
- Putnam County man arrested after alleged two county police chase
- Linton teacher turns herself in after being accused of having sexual relationship with student
- Vigo County traffic stop leads police to accused sex offender