TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - News 10 has learned the case filed against the former director of Freebirds has been dismissed. Jack Tanner had been charged with maintaining a common nuisance.
A special prosecutor took on the case after Vigo County Prosecutor Terry Modesitt recused himself. Modesitt previously has been on the board for Freebirds. The special prosecutor, John Hiatt of Sullivan County, filed his motion to dismiss on March 21st. The court granted this motion the following day.
Terre Haute Police arrested Tanner at the Red Carpet Inn back in August of 2017. Police say they found syringes and methamphetamine in a motel room in Tanner's name. Police arrested Tanner and two women who were with him. Tanner said he was simply trying to give the women a place to stay.
The court ordered Tanner's bond was to be given back to him.
- Prosecutors dismiss case against Jack Tanner
- Final Fork: Jack's Place
- Backlash, questions follow dismissal of Jussie Smollett case
- Environment groups want pipeline company's lawsuit dismissed
- Jack Dorsey, Twitter's CEO, blasted for patronizing Chick-fil-A
- Police in Vincennes search for armed robbery/car jacking suspect
- Indiana prosecutors vehemently oppose medical marijuana
- Indiana prosecutors pushing against medical marijuana
- Officer-involved shooting investigation under prosecutor review
- Indiana prosecutor pleads guilty to confinement, battery