TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The Terre Haute City Council is considering a proposal that would honor fallen Terre Haute Police Officer Rob Pitts.
There's a resolution to designate part of Erie Canal Road for him.
If approved, it would be called "Officer Rob S. Pitts Memorial Way."
The stretch of road would run from Margaret to Davis Drive.
The proposal is on the agenda for Thursday's city council meeting.
- Proposal to rename road to honor Officer Pitts to go before city council
- Officer Rob S. Pitts Memorial Way: Terre Haute City Council votes to rename road
- Photos: Remembering Officer Rob Pitts
- Portraits of Valor: Philly LEO honors Officer Pitts
- Officer Pitts, Fire Chief Shidler honored at National Night Out
- Officer Rob Pitts' family honored at ISU football game
- City council proposes change to future meetings
- Remembering Officer Rob Pitts: The graveside services
- Regional Hospital memorializes Officer Rob Pitts
- Remembering Officer Rob Pitts: One Year Later