TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A 40 gallon propane tank heater exploded and caught on fire at the former ICON building on the west side of Terre Haute on Tuesday morning.
Just after 9 a.m. firefighters responded to Sycamore Street for a reported propane heater fire. That's at the former ICON building which is currently being turned into the RiverFront Lofts.
During the evacuation of the property, News 10 is told a second explosion took place. Officials say a leak in one of the 40 gallon propane tanks caused the explosions.
A firefighter received minor injuries.
Some damage was also done to a portion of the interior of the building. Fire officials also conducted an inspected while on scene.
News 10 will continue to follow this story and bring you the latest when information becomes available.
- Propane tank heater explodes, catches fire at former ICON building in Terre Haute
- Terre Haute Fire Department warns about space heater safety
- 2 workers hurt when heater explodes at Indiana high school
- Space heaters pose fire risks
- Burning weeds with a propane torch caused fire at Terre Haute Prarie Farms
- Icon building to become Riverfront Lofts
- Space heaters could pose a fire risk
- New Terre Haute apartment building nearing completion
- Church fire investigated as arson after van explodes in Terre Haute
- Crews respond to fire at Terre Haute Prairie Farms building