TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Progress has been made at the former Coke and Carbon Plant in Terre Haute.
As the second phase of the project, crews are currently removing vegetation and trees.
This is to allow for more testing at the Brownfield Site.
The area contains hazardous materials.
The end goal is to use the property to attract new business.
The property is located at 13th and Hulman Streets.
- Progress starts at former Coke and Carbon Plant location
- Tabled: Coke and Carbon plant site cleanup put on hold
- Terre Haute's Coke mural making big progress
- City to spend $70,000 for a study on old Coke and Carbon site
- Clean up at old Coke and Carbon site set to begin soon
- Three contaminants found at Coke and Carbon site, samples collected for second half
- Caffeine shot: Coke bets 'Coke Plus Coffee' boosts soda
- Carbon monoxide detector requirements face opposition
- Avoid carbon monoxide poisoning this winter
- Construction could start on new Menards location this spring