PUTNAM COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A Putnamville Correctional Officer was arrested on trafficking charges.
On Wednesday, officials say they arrested Officer Breanna Lee Clements after they say she admitted to bringing contraband into the prison.
The investigation started when officials received tips accusing Clements.
While questioning Clements, she admitted to bringing tobacco to the prison with the intent to give it to Offender Travis Rooney.
Clements was arrested and charged with trafficking tobacco and official misconduct.
She is in the Putnam County Jail.
- Prison guard charged with trafficking
- Senior citizen charged with trafficking at local prison
- Guards, inmates and nurses were overcome by an unknown substance at an Ohio prison
- CANDLES hosts human trafficking awareness event
- Local boutique works to fight human trafficking
- Illinois National Guard members deployed amid floodin
- Three behind bars on sex trafficking and child molesting charges, incident allegedly involves Parke County campground
- Correctional Officer arrested for trafficking at Wabash Valley Correctional Facility
- FBI: 120 arrested for human trafficking in joint operation
- Groups gather to put an end to human trafficking