PUTNAM COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A Putnamville Correctional Officer was arrested on trafficking charges.
On Wednesday, officials say they arrested Officer Breanna Lee Clements after they say she admitted to bringing contraband into the prison.
The investigation started when officials received tips accusing Clements.
While questioning Clements, she admitted to bringing tobacco to the prison with the intent to give it to Offender Travis Rooney.
Clements was arrested and charged with trafficking tobacco and official misconduct.
She is in the Putnam County Jail.
- Prison guard charged with trafficking
- Senior citizen charged with trafficking at local prison
- 2 prison guards charged with conspiracy and filing false records on the night of Jeffrey Epstein's death
- Terre Haute man sentenced to 23-years in federal prison for drug trafficking
- Guards, inmates and nurses were overcome by an unknown substance at an Ohio prison
- 3 of 4 prisoners who overpowered Ohio jail guards have been captured in North Carolina
- CANDLES hosts human trafficking awareness event
- Local boutique works to fight human trafficking
- Three behind bars on sex trafficking and child molesting charges, incident allegedly involves Parke County campground
- Illinois National Guard members deployed amid floodin