NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Just a day after a lotto player in Florida claimed a $450 million Mega Millions jackpot, America got another big winner Saturday night.
A winning ticket for the $559 million Powerball jackpot was sold in New Hampshire, ending the streak of 20 straight drawings without a winner, dating back to October. The Powerball website did not immediately specify where in New Hampshire the winning ticket was purchased.
The winning numbers were 12, 29, 30, 33 and 61, with a Powerball number of 26.
The jackpot will now reset to $40 million.
Powerball and Mega Millions are the two biggest lottery games in the United States. Rule changes to Powerball in 2015 and Mega Millions in 2017 made the games harder to win. That means it's more likely that we'll see future instances where both of the games have jackpots that grow to dizzying heights at the same time.
The biggest Powerball jackpot ever was a $1.6 billion prize split three ways in January 2016. The biggest Mega Millions jackpot was $656 million in March 2012, also split three ways.
The odds of winning the Mega Millions jackpot is 1 in 302.6 million, while the odds for Powerball's jackpot are 1 in 292.2 million.
TM & © 2018 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
- Powerball drawing: Winner declared in Saturday's $559 million jackpot lottery
- $750 million up for grabs in Wednesday's Powerball drawing
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs to $1.6 billion. It's now the largest US lottery jackpot ever
- Powerball winner donates half a million dollars to veterans group
- Local man hoping to be the big winner in next Powerball drawing
- Powerball jackpot now $750M after no winning ticket drawn
- New York man wins $344 million Powerball jackpot by playing same numbers for 25 years
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $512 million for Tuesday’s drawing
- Feeling lucky? $550 million is up for grabs in next Powerball drawing