KNOX COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI)- Starting Monday, you may have to make a detour on your morning commute.
That's as portions of U.S 41 will be closed in Oaktown.
The Indiana Department of Transportation said they will be closing the passing lanes of U.S 41 north and southbound.
That's from about half of a mile south of Freelandville Road to about a mile north of Freelandville Road.
Crews will be working to install median u-turns.
Weather permitting, work is expected to wrap up by early to mid August.
- Portions of U.S. 41 in Oaktown set to close for road work
- Work begins on Oaktown intersections
- Portion of State Road 157 set to close Monday
- ISP releases information as to why U.S. 41 was shut down south of Oaktown Wednesday evening
- Local farmers concerned about proposed Oaktown intersections
- Oaktown sees spike in home break-ins
- Road work set to begin on U.S. 41 in Terre Haute
- Portion of State Road 159 to close Thursday
- Lyford construction project set to enter a new phase...part of U.S. 41 to completely close
- Road work picks up on U.S. 41 starting Monday...here's what you can expect