TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A construction project on a Terre Haute bridge will be delayed.
We are talking about the Poplar Street bridge that spans Thompson Ditch.
The county wanted to close the bridge last month so work to replace it could begin.
However, the contractor's crane is tied up on another job, so the project has been pushed back.
The county engineer told the commissioners on Tuesday the contractor plans to begin work on September 10th.
That is this coming Monday.
- Poplar Street bridge project hits a delay
- Poplar Street Bridge Update
- Work (finally) starts on Poplar Street bridge
- City planning big Poplar Street project
- Bid awarded for Poplar Street construction project
- Poplar Street Bridge reopens on Terre Haute's east side
- Poplar Street bridge in Terre Haute expected to reopen on Tuesday
- Both lanes of Poplar Street reopen...for now
- Gas lines on 7th Street delay construction project
- Vincennes Main street project underway