TERRE HAUTE, Ind (WTHI) - We have new information on the Poplar Street bridge in Terre Haute.
The county engineer's office tells us Frontier Communications has started the process of relocating phone lines that are attached to the bridge.
These lines are vital to Frontier's system statewide and will now run these lines under the rail lines.
This process will take about 30 to 45 days to complete.
Then work to replace the bridge can begin.
- Poplar Street Bridge Update
- Poplar Street bridge project hits a delay
- Work (finally) starts on Poplar Street bridge
- Poplar Street Bridge reopens on Terre Haute's east side
- City planning big Poplar Street project
- Bid awarded for Poplar Street construction project
- Poplar Street bridge in Terre Haute expected to reopen on Tuesday
- Both lanes of Poplar Street reopen...for now
- The westbound lane of Poplar Street in Terre Haute has closed for construction
- Work begins on Hart street bridge