MARTIN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Police in Martin County are searching for a man they say removed an ankle monitoring device and took off.
The Martin County Sheriff's Office says Community Corrections notified them that the tamper alarm for James 'Mike' Hert's ankle monitor had been tripped.
When police arrived, they found Hert's monitor in the yard of his Shoals home.
Hert is in Community Corrections on meth charges.
Now, police want you to keep your eyes open for him. Hert is described as 6' weighing 170 pounds.
If you see Hert, do not approach him. Call 911 or the Martin County Sheriff's Office at 812-247-3726.
- Police search for Martin County man after they say he removed an ankle monitoring device
- Martin County man killed in crash
- One arrested after pursuit in Martin County
- Power restored in Daviess and Martin counties
- Martin County hostage situation ends without incident
- Falling tree kills driver in Martin County
- Martin County crash ends with one dead
- Police in Lawrence County search for missing 70-year-old man
- Single vehicle Martin County crash takes the life of Sullivan County man
- INDOT: Lane closure starting Oct. 5 in Martin County