GREENE COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A Greene County covered bridge was damaged after police say a man drove a box truck through.
The 135-year-old bridge is called the Richland-Plummer Creek Covered Bridge.
It is located on south baseline road in Bloomfield.
Police say Paul Patton drove a box truck that was too tall through the bridge causing damage to it.
Police say Patton drove away without reporting it.
Charges have been sent to the Greene County Prosecutor's Office for failure to stop after an accident.
- Police say 135-year-old covered bridge damaged by a driver in Greene County
- Parke County covered bridge closed for repairs
- Covered Bridge Festival keeping police in Parke County busy
- Greene County commissioners work on future plans for Richland-Plummer Covered Bridge
- Scammers stopped at Covered Bridge Festival
- Nice weather improves Covered Bridge Festival Profits
- Covered Bridge Festival continues through weekend
- Local business thrives during Covered Bridge Festival
- Bridge Festival seeing more interest in history of covered bridges.
- Water levels drop at Parke County Covered Bridges