GREENE COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - We have new details on a murder-suicide that happened near Solsberry, Indiana.
The Greene County Sheriff's Office confirmed Lawrence Burks was the gunman involved.
A news release said Burks shot and killed his estranged wife, Peggy Burks, and her caregiver, Debra Floyd.
After that, he reportedly turned the gun on himself.
This happened on September 18th.
Police say Peggy Burks and family members filed several protective orders against Lawrence Burks.
News 10 learned she had recently filed for divorce.
- Police release more information on Greene County double murder/suicide
- Police release more information on shooting
- Vigo County School Corporation Releases Enrollment Information
- Greene County murder trial on-going
- Greene County man found guilty of murder
- Police release more information about deadly weekend motorcycle crash
- Police investigating a homicide in Greene County
- Police handling Barricade situation in Greene County
- Police release more information on case that involved "armed and dangerous" man in Sullivan County
- UPDATE: Names released in Greene County fatal crash