CASEY, Ill. (WTHI) - A Wabash Valley police department has issued a warning after they responded to a call about a needle in trick or treating candy.
It happened in Casey, Illinois.
According to a post on their Facebook page, police received a call from a parent saying they found a needle in candy their child received while trick or treating.
The post says this is their first and only report like this at this point.
Police warn parents to be on the look-out for candy that appears to be tampered with.
If you find something suspicious, contact police right away.
- Officers receive a report of a needle found in trick or treating candy
- Kids trick-or-treat one last time
- Trick-or-treating times in the Wabash Valley
- Trick or Treat times in the Wabash Valley
- Trick-or-treating? Track sex offenders in your area
- Ick or treat? 7 strange facts about candy corn
- Country club diners receive a musical treat
- Signature Healthcare residents receive a special treat
- Make sure your kids are visible before they go trick or treating
- Treat yourself on Miracle Treat Day