Update: The victim in Sunday’s fatal crash has been identified as 60 year old Glen Alexander.
TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - One person is dead after they were hit by a car in Terre Haute.
According to Terre Haute Assistant Police Chief Shawn Keen the incident happened at 3rd Street and 3rd Avenue at 7:15pm Sunday.
Keen says witnesses told police they saw a person run across 3rd Street in front of traffic. The person was hit by an oncoming vehicle.
The pedestrian was taken to Union Hospital where they later died.
Keen says the investigation is ongoing.
News 10 will have more information on air and online as it becomes available.
- Police: pedestrian killed after running into street
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Terre Haute
- Pedestrian seriously injured in Greene County hit and run, police search for suspect
- Uber self-driving vehicle hits, kills pedestrian in Arizona
- Police identify victim of Sunday night accident involving pedestrian
- One injured after car hits pedestrian
- One person injured in car/pedestrian crash
- Pedestrian fatally struck in Sullivan County crash
- Police identify driver killed in Monday night crash on 13th Street
- Poplar Street Bridge Update