SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A situation in Sullivan County has ended.
It started Tuesday morning at a home on 8277 East 750 North.
That is just east of Hymera.
News 10 spoke with Sullivan County Sheriff Clark Cottom.
He told us dispatched received a 9-1-1 call that said 29-year-old Joey Lee Edmonson pointed a handgun and then fired a shot.
She took her child and went to a different location to call for help.
Cottom said the female had a protective order against Edmonson.
Police were told Edmonson went inside the home.
That is when the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office contacted the Terre Haute Police Department, requesting help from the Special Response Team.
When the Terre Haute Police made entry into the home, Edmonson was not there.
Cottom believes Edmonson fled from the backdoor of the home before police arrived on the scene.
Police say they found him in Greene County.
He was placed under arrest without incident.
He was wanted on various warrants in Greene County, including strangulation, battery, stalking, and violating a protective order.
He will preliminary be charged with violating a protective order in Sullivan County.
We will continue to follow this story and bring you more information as soon as it becomes available.
- Sullivan County situation ends, suspect found in Greene County
- Police handling Barricade situation in Greene County
- Martin County hostage situation ends without incident
- Hostage situation ends peacefully in Vermillion County
- Greene County Jail will help house Sullivan County inmates
- Barricade situation ends early Thursday
- Sullivan County Ambulance update
- Sullivan County Road Closure
- Police identify suspect in Sullivan County manhunt
- Greene County man found guilty of murder