TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A Terre Haute standoff has ended with police saying the person involved is 'secure.'
It started around 7:00 Monday night at a home near 14th and Poplar Streets.
Police were initially called to the scene for some sort of disturbance.
That is when they learned a man was inside the home, reportedly with weapons, refusing to come out.
The Terre Haute Police SRT unit responded to the scene.
Just after 9:00, police reported the scene and the suspect were secure.
"I moved my son to a safer location, and then I also started paying attention to what's going on because this is a very quiet community, and you know, things like this don't normally happen," Clayton Ashby told us.
We will bring you updates as soon as they become available.
- Terre Haute standoff ends, suspect 'secure'
- Police identify suspect involved in three-hour Terre Haute standoff
- New details released after Terre Haute standoff
- UPDATE: One Arrested after Terre Haute Standoff Situation
- Man at the center of Terre Haute standoff charged
- Terre Haute police chase leaves suspect hospitalized
- Police standoff ends with one man arrested
- Pursuit with THPD ends in downtown Terre Haute
- Driver cited after Terre Haute crash ends in law office
- Terre Haute Community Bands ends their summer season