BRAZIL, Ind. (WTHI) - A man at the center of a standoff in Brazil has surrendered peacefully.
It happened Wednesday at a home near the 400 Block of West Halbert Street.
Police say the suspect in the standoff, Bryan Hutcheson, was wanted on a warrant out of Georgia.
Three other people inside the house surrendered.
"We were told he was armed with some kind of weapon and the felony charges out of Georgia...he used a weapon when he allegedly shot somebody," Brazil's Assistant Police Dennis Archer said.
Police told News 10 they received a tip about a wanted person inside a home.
The Terre Haute Police Department Special Response Team was called in to assist police in Brazil.
We will continue to follow this developing story and bring you more information as soon as it becomes available.
BREAKING: The suspect barricaded in the house has just surrendered peacefully. He is now in custody. Police are sweeping the house. pic.twitter.com/7XkNSS9IPH
— Sarah Lehman (@WTHISarahLehman) March 13, 2019
According to Brazil's Chief of police, Clint McQueen, the county in Georgia where Hutcheson's warrants are is going to come and take him back.
McQueen said he will also face charges in Brazil.
He also said he was unsure at the time whether the other three in the home would face charges as well.
- Man at the center of Brazil standoff surrenders peacefully
- Daviess County man allegedly forces police standoff with children inside home, ends peacefully
- Hostage situation ends peacefully in Vermillion County
- Stand-off ends peacefully, road back open
- 13th 1/2 Street barricade situation ends peacefully
- Brazil housing center holds Pearl Harbor ceremony
- Man at the center of Terre Haute standoff charged
- Brazil expands economic district
- Man released from prison for killing his wife the center of alleged Greene County standoff
- Man at the center of Vigo County standoff appears in court