TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - One man is dead after a weekend standoff in Terre Haute.
Police say the suspect shot and killed himself.
That suspect is 29-year-old Ronald Norton Jr.
Police say officers responded to a burglary near Monterey and Ohio Streets in Terre Haute.
According to police, officers found Norton Jr. nearby.
He was wanted on several charges, including burglary, criminal recklessness, and auto theft.
After several hours of negotiating with police, officials say Norton shot himself in the head.
He was taken to the hospital, where police say he later died.
- Suspect in Terre Haute dead after shooting himself
- Suspect arrested in connection with October shooting in Terre Haute
- Terre Haute police chase leaves suspect hospitalized
- Terre Haute standoff ends, suspect 'secure'
- Terre Haute Police investigate Friday morning shooting
- Terre Haute woman sentenced for shooting
- Terre Haute Police investigate Wednesday morning shooting
- Terre Haute Police are "shooting" for accuracy
- Terre Haute police looking into dead body investigation
- Suspect arrested in connection to vehicle fires in Terre Haute