VERMILLION COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - One person is facing charges after being accused of stealing a vehicle.
It happened around 5 p.m. on Saturday on U.S. 136 and State Road 63.
Officials say the Vermillion County Sheriff's Office in Illinois notified Indiana's Vermillion County Sheriff's Office about a pursuit of a stolen vehicle on U.S. Highway 136. Illinois officials requested assistance as the vehicle made its way into Indiana.
Officials say the Fountain County Sheriff's Office and Covington Police took over the chase as the vehicle reached State Road 63. Police say the vehicle reached speeds of more than 120 mph.
That's when Vermillion County deputies (Indiana) took the lead on the pursuit near County Road 400 North. Police say the driver attempted to ram a police vehicle. Officials say the chase continued south on SR 63, reaching speeds of more than 110 mph.
At 1/4 mile north of U.S. 36, officials say a Parke County deputy deployed spike strips. During the attempt to avoid the strips, police say the driver lost control of the vehicle and entered the median. That's when police say the vehicle continued across the northbound lanes before coming to a stop in the grass, east of 63.
Officials have identified the driver as a 15-year-old male from Danville, Illinois. Officials say he was taken to Union Hospital in Clinton for minor injuries.
Police arrested the teen and placed him in custody of the Southwest Regional Youth Village. Police say he faces several felonies and misdemeanor charges in both Indiana and Illinois.
Because the driver was a juvenile, police are not releasing his name.
- Police make arrest after tracking down stolen vehicle
- Wanted man arrested, police find stolen firearms
- ISU Police issue warning after two vehicles stolen from campus
- Man arrested after police say he started a chase in stolen vehicle
- Terre Haute man arrested after police say they found stolen vehicles at his home
- Weapon stolen from ISP trooper vehicle
- Police make arrest in apartment shooting
- Two arrested after theft, stolen vehicle at Union Hospital in Terre Haute
- OFFICIALS: Stolen vehicle involved in Clay County crash, occupant ejected
- Police issue warning after guns were stolen from Vigo County vehicles