PARKE COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Police in Parke County issued a warning about a potential scam making the rounds.
On Thursday, the Park County Sheriff's Office Facebook page made a post saying they've received reports of scammers posing as deputies.
Police say scammers have called people asking for a payment to avoid arrest.
In the post, the Parke County Sheriff's Office said they will never ask for money for this purpose or attempt to serve an arrest warrant over the phone.
- Police issue warning about Parke County scam
- Parke County Sheriff's Office warns of scam attempt
- ISU Police warn students of scam
- Local school corporation issues scam warning for businesses
- Parke County Sheriff's Office warns of scam, person claiming to be from AT&T
- Central Indiana police agencies warning of IRS scam phone calls
- Police warn Duke Energy customers about gift card scam
- West Terre Haute Police warn residents about two different scams
- Sheriff's Office warning of phone scam circulating in Vigo County
- Vigo County Sheriff's Office warns of attempted scam