TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTH) - Police are investigating a potential threat at Terre Haute South Vigo High School.
After the press conforence, we learned the following from THPD:
Investigators traced the IP address overnight from where the social media account was accessed. There they found 6 individuals. Three were adults and three were minors.
They have been questioned and all of there digital devices are being inspected.
According to social media posts, someone made threats of an incident at the school for Thursday.
Several parents called the WTHI newsroom with concerns on Wednesday night.
News 10 has spoken to Dr. Haworth from the Vigo County School Corporation
He said law enforcement has worked through night and they believe they have isolated the person or people responsible. They are talking to person/people
Police will have extra officers at South on Thursday in an effort to keep people safe.
They say they are hoping to get to the bottom of the situation as soon as possible.
We will continue to follow this developing story and bring you more infomration as soon as it becomes available.
- Haworth: "We believe our schools are safe today"
- Haworth: No viable threat at Terre Haute South after rumors
- It's Official: Dr. Robert Haworth official voted in as next VCSC superintendent
- Dr. Haworth talks safety at first school board meeting as superintendent
- Superintendent Haworth weighs in on Tanoos developments, school board to meet again Tuesday
- 'Regardless of the process, trust is just not given, trust is earned,' Haworth looking to build trust in new superintendent role