TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The Terre Haute Police Department is investigating a homicide on Terre Haute's east side.
Police have said there was a shooting on Heritage Drive on Terre Haute's east side, near the intersection of Poplar Street and Brown Avenue. Just before 9:00 Friday morning, the Public Information Officer tweeted the department's Special Response Team (SRT) was on scene.
In a press conference late Friday morning, police said officers were called to Regional Hospital around 5:00am for a man with gunshot wounds.
Police said early on, they were told the shooting happened at a different location.
When officers arrived on Heritage Drive, they found three young children, and another adult male victim in the house. Police said there was also a man with a gun still at the house.
Officers arrested Durend Randall, 36, on charges of murder and aggravated battery.
Police have not released the name of the deceased victim. An autopsy should take place tomorrow. This is a breaking news story. It will be updated as information is released.
- Police investigate homicide in Terre Haute
- Inmate death at Terre Haute Federal Prison investigated a homicide
- Terre Haute Police investigate Friday morning shooting
- Terre Haute Police investigate shots fired case
- Terre Haute Police investigate Wednesday morning shooting
- Terre Haute Police investigate Tuesday morning stabbing
- Police investigating a homicide in Greene County
- Terre Haute police looking into dead body investigation
- Police investigating series of crimes on Terre Haute's east side
- Police investigate shots fired case in Terre Haute