INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – (WTTV) Police say a woman was killed while waiting for help on westbound I-70 near the airport.
The crash occurred around 5:30 a.m. Authorities say a woman was parked in the emergency pull-off lane with an apparent flat tire near the ramp that leads to Ronald Reagan Parkway and the airport.
While waiting inside her SUV for help, a Ford black pickup truck came off WB I-70 and struck her on the driver’s side. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The male driver of the pickup truck was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
There are major backups in the area. Avoid it by using US-40 through Plainfield as an alternate route.
We will update this story when more information is made available.
- Police investigate fatal crash on WB I-70 near airport
- Police investigating crash on I-70
- Dump truck destroys overhead electronic sign on WB I-70
- Brazil man arrested after fatal I-70 crash
- Police identify the victim of Friday night fatal crash on I-70
- Heavy rain to blame for I-70 crash
- Several vehicles involved in I-70 Crash
- Victims names released from Saturday I-70 crashes
- Police identify the man involved in deadly I-70 crash
- Police identify man in Clay County I-70 motorcycle crash