VERMILLION COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Two people are behind bars in Vermillion County on drug charges and two children are now in protective custody.
Over the weekend, officials in Vermillion County received a 911 call saying a vehicle along State Road 63 near State Road 32 was possibly lighting grass fires.
Police were able to catch up with the vehicle.
Inside was 20-year-old, Lawrence McGuire and 19-year-old Inaiya Wilson, both of Danville, Illinois.
Also inside the car were two children under the age of two years old.
Police say those children were not in car safety seats, and have reason to believe both of the adults were smoking pot in the car with the kids.
After searching the car, police found marijuana and paraphernalia.
Both McGuire and Wilson were arrested and are facing various drug charges and child abuse charges.
McGuire was also charged with driving while suspended.
The children were taken into custody by the Department of Child Services.
- Police in Vermillion County say two people arrested after smoking pot in their car with unrestrained toddlers on board
- Car catches fire in Vermillion County
- Man arrested in Vermillion County for trying to buy a motorcycle on Craigslist with pot
- Operation Pullover arrest in Vermillion County
- Vermillion County man arrested for dealing meth
- Retired Vermillion County police K-9 passes away
- Two people dead following crash in Vermillion County
- Car gets stuck in water near Vermillion county Line
- Reward offered for information leading to arrest of people who started overnight Vermillion County fire
- Vermillion County represented in NASDAQ