LINTON, Ind. (WTHI) - Police in a Greene County town are warning its residents about a possible scam.
The Linton Police Department says they received reports of a man going door to door earlier this week asking for donations on behalf of a non-profit.
He tells people it is an organization that provides safety-based literature and coloring books for kids at Linton-Stockton Elementary School.
Police say that person is not connected with the school corporation.
If you think you have been ripped off by this person, call the Linton Police Department at 812-847-4411.
- Police in Linton warn about door to door scam
- Saving lives by closing doors
- Schools consider door locks to protect students
- New east side hotel opens its doors
- Vigo County Historical Museum officially opens doors
- ISU Police warn students of scam
- Police issue warning about Parke County scam
- Police warn of social security scam
- Grand opening date for new Linton store, first 100 in the door have a chance at a gift-card