TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A police chase ended with a dramatic crash early Saturday.
The crash happened south of 1st and Poplar Streets on Terre Haute's west side.
It all started a little after 2:00 Saturday morning.
That's when the Vermillion County Sheriff's Department says a Fairview Deputy Marshal clocked a car going over 100 miles per hour in a 55 mile per hour zone. The Department says this happened in the Fairview/Clinton area.
The Department says the Marshal tried to stop the car but was unable to catch the suspect. But, the incident didn't end there.
The Vermillion County Sheriff's Department says a short time later, Indiana State Police picked up on the driver around Vigo County.
The driver refused to stop, leading police on a chase.
It ended with the driver crashing into a tree.
The car continued onto the Vectren property and into a fence.
Amazingly, the driver jumped out and ran away.
He has not been found.
- Police chase ends with crash
- IMPD officers pursue vehicle; chase ends with crash, injuries and a manhunt
- Vigo County chase ends with a crash into a body of water
- Two arrested after chase ends in Parke County
- High speed chases spike; police protocol
- Terre Haute police chase leaves suspect hospitalized
- Police chase cow near Chick-Fil-A
- Illinois man hospitalized after police chase
- Vermillion County crash ends with one airlifted
- Martin County crash ends with one dead