SULLIVAN, Ind. (WTHI) - A Terre Haute man is in jail in connection with a retail theft ring.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office arrest Bryan Tomey.
Deputies say Tomey was inside the Sullivan WalMart when he stuffed a car seat box full of electronics and other expensive items.
Authorities say Tomey had an accomplice take that box to the checkout register.
Police say the stolen items totaled more than $4,000.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office said Tomey is banned from WalMart because of multiple theft cases.
He's currently in the Sullivan County Jail.
At this time, the accomplice is not being identified.
- Police arrest Terre Haute man as part of a theft ring
- Police identify suspects wanted in West Terre Haute IGA theft
- Terre Haute man arrested on rape charges
- Terre Haute man arrested after overnight pursuit
- Police: Arrested Terre Haute man threatened to kill officers
- Local man sentenced for his part in Terre Haute shooting
- Crime Stoppers: Terre Haute woman wanted on several theft warrants
- West Terre Haute Police Officer arrested on domestic battery charge
- Terre Haute man arrested after fight with THPD officer
- Terre Haute man arrested after allegedly setting van on fire