MARTIN COUNTY, Ind. (WTH) – Police say a man fell asleep behind the wheel and wrecked Monday morning.
The crash happened in Martin County near the interserction of U.S. 231 and Abel Lane.
Indiana State Police say Anthony McAtee, 30, of Lynville drove his pickup truck down an embankment.
Police cited him for driving while suspended with a prior offense.
Medical crews treated McAtee for leg injuries at the scene.
- Police: Man fell asleep while driving and crashed into embankment
- Car crash ER visits fell in states that ban texting while driving, study says
- How Burger King fell behind
- 17-year-old hurt in crash after falling asleep at the wheel
- Police: Terre Haute driver falls asleep behind the wheel, hits a parked car and then flees
- The Run for the 43rd: Darrell Felling
- Underage girl airlifted after falling down a 60-foot embankment with alcohol poisoning
- Driver hospitalized after semi travels down steep embankment on Interstate 70
- Police identify Sullivan man killed in crash
- Terre Haute driver falls asleep at the wheel, rolls car several times