TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A Terre Haute man is behind bars facing several charges, and then allegedly threatening to kill police when he gets out of jail.
Police say Bobby Coons and his wife had been arguing.
When they arrived, they say his wife had marks and bruises.
The victim told police Coons had beaten her with a wooden stick.
Police say he also attempted to choke her.
While Coons was on his way to the Vigo County Jail, police say he began beating the patrol car door.
They say he damaged the pane in the car, while threatening officers.
Officers say Coons told them he is going to catch them out of uniform and kill them when released.
- Police: Arrested Terre Haute man threatened to kill officers
- West Terre Haute Police Officer arrested on domestic battery charge
- Police officer shortage plaguing Terre Haute
- Terre Haute man arrested after fight with THPD officer
- Terre Haute man arrested after overnight pursuit
- Terre Haute man arrested for raping child
- Terre Haute man arrested on rape charges
- Terre Haute man charged after he allegedly kicked, punched, strangled, and threatened to kill a woman
- Terre Haute man arrested after yelling and threatening two people walking by his house
- Terre Haute man arrested for impersonating police officer for the second time in one month