WHEATLAND, Ind. (WTHI) - There's finally movement in a murder case that happened almost three years ago.
Officials say in February 2016, Candice Charlton fatally stabbed 35-year-old Gerald Sturgeon.
This was at a home on Short Street in Wheatland. That’s about 15 minutes east of Vincennes.
Officials say Sturgeon died at the hospital after the attack. Charlton has faced a murder charge since then.
According to online court documents, Charlton submitted a plea deal this week. We expect to learn more about the plea next week.
Court documents say her sentencing hearing is scheduled for January 18th.
- Plea deal submitted in murder case
- ISP Gun Report Prompts Plea Deal in Murder Deal
- Greene County man enters plea deal in child molesting case
- Daugherty takes plea deal in child death case
- Farmersburg man takes plea deal in child neglect case
- Chicago man takes plea in Terre Haute attempted murder case
- Rose-Hulman's president has submitted his resignation
- Vincennes man enters guilty plea for murder
- Knox County man changes his plea to guilty in murder case
- Terre Haute woman makes plea agreement in connection to murder case