VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) – The plaintiff in the Vigo County Jail lawsuit is asking for nearly $35,000 in attorney fees.
This week Jauston Huerta’s legal team submitted a request for attorney fees.
His damage claim in the case has been settled. Huerta was to submit a separate request for attorney fees.
A court filing includes a breakdown of the time attorney Michael Sutherlin spent on the case totaling $34,839.70. His submission to the court details time from September of 2016 through February of 2019.
Huerta claimed conditions are the jail caused him to be injured.
A federal judge has said the conditions are unconstitutional. County leaders are still deciding where to put a new jail.
- Plaintiff in Vigo County Jail lawsuit files for $35K in attorney fees
- Plaintiffs in jail lawsuit question new staffing proposals
- Plaintiffs' attorney in jail lawsuit says recent hearing should be a 'come to Jesus moment' for the county
- Motion filed to add ACLU to Vigo County Jail lawsuit
- Vigo County gets extension in jail lawsuit
- Two settle their lawsuit with the Vigo County jail
- Vigo County forced to pay $16,000 in attorney fees for Jauston Huerta
- Vigo County Commissioner talks about opioid lawsuit
- Lawsuit filed against NantWorks after failing to bring jobs to Vigo County
- ACLU files lawsuit against state trooper for alleged constitutional violations during Vigo County traffic stop