VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A person is dead after getting hit by a car near vendors set up for the Covered Bridge Festival.
According to Vigo County Sheriff John Plasse, the accident happened Saturday morning around 8:30. Sheriff Plasse says witnesses report seeing a person walk into traffic on U.S. 41 near Evans Street. This is in front of the North Pines Trailer Court.
An off-duty firefighter and other first responders tried to save the female who was hit. She was taken to a local hospital but died from her injuries.
Police say the driver underwent a chemical test and results show drugs and alcohol were not factors in the crash.
- Pedestrian dead after she was hit by a car near Covered Bridge Festival vendors
- Vendors continue family traditions at Covered Bridge Festival
- Parke County health officials investigate Hepatitis A case linked to Covered Bridge Festival food vendor
- Scammers stopped at Covered Bridge Festival
- Nice weather improves Covered Bridge Festival Profits
- Covered Bridge Festival continues through weekend
- Local business thrives during Covered Bridge Festival
- Covered Bridge Festival comes to a close
- Bridge Festival seeing more interest in history of covered bridges.
- Name of woman hit and killed by car near festival vendors released