PARKE COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The Parke County Sheriff's Office has a scam warning for you.
According to a post on their Facebook page, there are reports of a scammer claiming to be a representative from AT&T making the rounds.
Phishing attempts and how to identify them
The scammer will tell potential victims that there is an error with their AT&T account and to fix it, they need a social security number.
These calls are reportedly happening later at night.
According to AT&T's website, they will never call, text, or email you for personal information.
To learn how to report this scam to AT&T, click here.
- Parke County Sheriff's Office warns of scam, person claiming to be from AT&T
- Parke County Sheriff's Office warns of scam attempt
- Sheriff's Office warning of phone scam circulating in Vigo County
- Vigo County Sheriff's Office warns of attempted scam
- Vigo County Sheriff's Office warns about 'Price is Right' scam
- Vigo County Sheriff's Office warns of 'jail bond scam'
- Police issue warning about Parke County scam
- Personal safety and avoiding scams, Vigo County Sheriff's Office talks about Crime Stoppers during presentation
- Vigo County Sheriff's Office warns of scam targeting families of inmates
- SCAM WARNING: Woman claiming to be from Sullivan County Humane Society allegedly trying to take pets