PARIS, Ill. (WTHI) - A group in the Wabash Valley needs your help to house homeless teens.
Hopes and Dreams, in Paris, Illinois is looking to create The Hope House.
It would offer dorm-style housing for homeless teens.
Organizers say they're close to securing their charity status.
That should open the door to a location for the shelter.
Beth Hansel of Hopes and Dreams says one more thing needs to fall into place...volunteers.
"We're looking for house parents that could supervise the overnight shift. So, that would be our biggest catch at this point. Finding someone or finding a couple two or three someones who are willing to stay and get kind of familiar with, with kids from a trauma background, and kids who have maybe been on their own," Hansel said.
Potential house parents would need to be willing to share their history and get a background check.
- Paris, Illinois charity one step closer to helping homeless teens
- Marshall Illinois Schools one step closer to getting "SRO"
- Accident shuts down Paris, Illinois road
- UPDATE: Boil order in Paris, Illinois lifted
- Paris, Illinois sunflower maze open for business
- One step closer to a Convention Center
- YMCA pool one step closer to opening
- Man killed after hit by vehicle in Paris, Illinois
- Hope House in the works in Paris, Illinois
- Two credit card skimmers found at Paris, Illinois gas station