PARIS, Ill. (WTHI) - A false alarm caused a scare at a Paris, Illinois hospital.
Just before noon on Thursday, police received a phone call about an active shooter at Horizon Health, the former Paris Community Hospital.
Police from several departments responded to the hospital quickly learning there was no active shooter.
Police called the incident a "situation of misinformation."
During the investigation, police placed Crestwood School on lockdown.
- Paris, Ill. police respond to reports of active shooter at hospital, school placed on lockdown
- Hospital hosts active shooter training
- Pittsburgh police report active shooter near synagogue
- Terre Haute hospitals train for active shooter
- Schools face concerns after active shooter situation
- Church hosts active shooter training
- 'Active shooter' game creates controversy, simulating a school shooting
- Richland County prepares with active shooter training
- Paris, Ill. plant to add 50 new jobs in expansion
- Paris, Ill. woman dies in overnight house fire