OWEN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - An Owen County man is behind bars for sex crimes involving children.
On Wednesday, the Owen County Sheriff's Department arrested 66-year-old William Bergman of Spencer.
The investigation began in August of 2017.
Police charged Bergman with child molesting and possession of child pornography.
During the investigation into the sex crimes, Bergman was arrested on drug charges. That was in September of last year.
In May of this year, he was arrested again for dealing meth, promoting prostitution, making an unlawful proposition, and maintaining a common nuisance.
He was arrested for the child sex crimes while he was already in the Owen County Jail for the previous arrests.
- Owen County man arrested for child sex crimes
- Robinson man sentenced for child sex crimes
- Paris woman arrested on child sex crime charges
- Vigo County woman faces a charge of incest as pair arrested on child sex crimes
- Greene County man charged with sex crimes against a five-year-old child
- Terre Haute man with long history of charges for child sex crimes charged with child solicitation
- New details released after Owen County Standoff
- Police arrest Daviess County man for sex crimes against a minor
- Owen County man arrested after leaving the scene of a crash
- Clay County man booked on child sex charges