VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The overnight standoff ended just before 9:00 am and a suspect is now in custody.
It's happened at a home at 4100 East Markle Avenue around 2 Tuesday morning..
That's near the little league and just north of Parke Avenue.
Police responded to a call of shots fired and deputies saw a man in the road, who then ran from officers into the home.
The Special Response Team was called in to try and get a person to come out of the home.
According to police, tear gas was used to get the suspect Brent Powers to come out after several hours of repeated announcements for anyone in the house to come out.
Brent Powers is preliminarily charged with criminal recklessness, unlawful possession of a firearm and resisting arrest. Online jail records show he will be in court Wednesday.
- Suspect taken into custody after overnight police standoff
- Police investigating overnight shooting
- Arrest made after police standoff
- One person in custody after Vigo County standoff
- Police identify suspect involved in three-hour Terre Haute standoff
- Police identify suspect involved in 22nd and Sycamore standoff
- Terre Haute standoff ends, suspect 'secure'
- Avenue standoff still under state police investigation
- Police standoff ends with one man arrested
- Suspect killed after 31-hour SWAT standoff in Owen County identified