SULLIVAN, Ind. (WTHI) - A long-time restaurant was destroyed by an early morning fire.
It happened a little before Midnight Wednesday night at the Kat a Korner diner.
That's on State road 54 in Sullivan.
Fire crews arrived to find heavy flames and smoke.
A sheriff's deputy says the metal roof made it difficult to get the fire out.
Sullivan County Sheriff Clark Cottom tells us the diner has been serving home cooked meals at the same location since 1933.
It was famous for its biscuits and gravy, chicken noodles and Friday night fish get togethers.
Cottom tells us early indications are the fire started in the kitchen area.
The Indiana state fire marshal has been called to help determine the cause of the blaze.
- Fire destroys Sullivan County diner
- Diner in Sullivan catches fire, cause unknown
- Sullivan diner fire cause ruled undetermined
- Rising from the ashes: Sullivan County diner destroyed in 2018 fire closer to reopening
- Firefighters work to handle hot spots in Sullivan diner fire, cause under investigation
- Final Fork: Crossroads Family Diner
- Fire destroys Daviess county business
- Overnight fire destroys McDonald's
- Fire destroys construction business
- Home destroyed by fire