SULLIVAN, Ind. (WTHI) - A long-time restaurant was destroyed by an early morning fire.
It happened a little before Midnight Wednesday night at the Kat a Korner diner.
That's on State road 54 in Sullivan.
Fire crews arrived to find heavy flames and smoke.
A sheriff's deputy says the metal roof made it difficult to get the fire out.
Sullivan County Sheriff Clark Cottom tells us the diner has been serving home cooked meals at the same location since 1933.
It was famous for its biscuits and gravy, chicken noodles and Friday night fish get togethers.
Cottom tells us early indications are the fire started in the kitchen area.
The Indiana state fire marshal has been called to help determine the cause of the blaze.
- Fire destroys Sullivan County diner
- Fire destroys Daviess county business
- Final Fork: Crossroads Family Diner
- Overnight fire destroys McDonald's
- Fire destroys construction business
- Fork in the Road: Hunter's Mountain at Kat-A-Korner Diner in Sullivan
- Community reflects on loss of Kat-A-Korner Diner in Sullivan
- Sullivan community turns out to support staff of Kat-A-Korner Diner
- Sullivan County Ambulance update
- Sullivan County Road Closure