WEST TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The Vigo County Sheriff's Office reports one suspect is in custody after an early morning crash involving a stolen vehicle.
It happened just after 2:30 Monday morning at 2690 Barnhardt Road, near Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College.
A car crashed into a utility pole and emergency responders found the pole broken in three places.
Part of the pole was through the windshield of the car.
It was just after 7 a.m. that Vigo County Chief Deputy John Moats told News 10 the car was stolen from a home in West Terre Haute.
Chief Deputy Moats has reported that the suspect is in custody and has been identified as 29-year-old Tadd Wilson. Officials report the stolen vehicle belonged to his mother. He told police he left the scene because he was wanted out of Vermillion County.
The Vermillion County Sheriff's Office reports he was wanted on a warrant for failure to appear.
While Wilson's mother has declined to press charges, Tadd will be charged with leaving the scene of a property damage at a later date.
Barnhardt Road was opened back up just before 12 p.m. and all power should be restored shortly in the area.
For more information on power outages, click here.
- Suspect in custody after accident involving stolen vehicle in Vigo County
- OFFICIALS: Stolen vehicle involved in Clay County crash, occupant ejected
- Three vehicle accident Wednesday morning in southern Vigo County
- Crash involves several parked vehicles
- Police issue warning after guns were stolen from Vigo County vehicles
- One in custody as police search for another suspect involved in Clay/Parke County chase
- Vigo County stabbing kills one, another person in custody
- One person in custody after Vigo County standoff
- Suspect involved in Vigo County child neglect case agrees to plead guilty
- Crime Stoppers: Vigo County car theft suspects