INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (WTHI) - Around 100 people made the trip to Indianapolis on Wednesday to support a bill that would bring a casino to Terre Haute.
A committee currently assigned to that bill wants more time to consider it before putting it to a vote.
"What a great day for Terre Haute. It was so awesome to see, what was it...over 100 people sitting there and listening to the testimony and fighting for our community," Representative Tonya Pfaff said.
"It says a lot to the committee. It says a lot to the folks whether or not they're supporting it or on the fence about it. As a community, we're really backing this. It's a very very positive day," Representative Alan Morrison said.
The House Public Policy Committee could vote on Senate Bill 552 as early as next week.
- Over 100 people go to Indy to support bill that would bring a casino to Terre Haute
- Vigo County Commissioners support bringing casino to Terre Haute
- Indy business looks to buy two Gary casinos, could one come to Terre Haute?
- Hearing set for bill that could bring casino to Terre Haute
- Senate Bill 552 passes 10-0, a step that could bring a casino to Terre Haute
- Hearing set for next week on Senate Bill 552, the bill that would bring a casino to Terre Haute
- Two bills that would bring a casino to Terre Haute passes in Indiana Senate, the House is next
- Bill that would bring a casino to Terre Haute has passed the Indiana House, here's what's next
- 100 new trees planted in Terre Haute
- How does each of Terre Haute's mayoral candidates feel about bringing a new casino to town?