CLINTON, Ind. (WTHI) - A group of veterans and their families in Clinton received a special treat on Friday.
Volunteers at the Hospice of the Wabash Valley welcomed them home.
The event honored those who served in the military, but they focused on those who served in Vietnam.
That's because many veterans were not given a warm welcome when they returned from the war.
There was breakfast, speakers, and door prizes.
The vets received a pin recognizing their service.
- Organization honors Clinton veterans
- Clinton organization receives donation to restore fountain
- Bricks honoring local veterans
- Several organizations commit to Veterans Day parade
- Local veterans organization hosts Halloween dance party
- Calcutta memorial service honors veterans
- Local elementary school honors veterans
- Life-saving principal in Clinton honored
- Wabash Valley Organizations bring awareness to Military Veteran Suicides
- Organization offers chance for veterans to get together