MARSHALL, Ill. (WTHI) - An Illinois county is attempting to break another world record...and this one involves justice.
The artist behind all of the big things you'll find in Clark County made a gavel.
You can find the gavel in Marshall at the Clark County Courthouse.
The giant sculpture was unveiled on Friday night.
It joins the list of the larger than life items in Casey.
It is 61 feet tall, 17 feet long, and 36 feet wide.
The Guinness Book of World Records will measure it later this year.
- Order in the court: Contender for the world's largest gavel unveiled in Marshall
- The world's largest plane just flew for the first time
- Two Clark County towns attempt world record for largest items
- Casey, Illinois adds six more world's largest attractions
- World's largest bee spotted for the first time since 1981
- The world's second-largest emperor penguin colony has nearly disappeared
- Marriott, the world's largest hotel chain, is eliminating travel-sized toiletries
- Judge orders halal meals for '93 World Trade Center bomber
- Kentucky shooting suspect ordered held in juvenile court
- Court affirms order blocking Indiana ultrasound abortion law