TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - People are raising awareness of helping local veterans.
Operation Vanguard is underway. It started around 6:00 on Thursday evening.
People are camping out as part of the homeless challenge. They are sleeping in tents to get a feel of what it would be like to be homeless.
It's also raising money for veterans. The money goes to Reach Services and its vet programs.
It will help provide shelter, food, and more to around 273 homeless veterans in the Wabash Valley.
Operation Vanguard will continue through November 12.
You can donate canned goods and other household items to help veterans in need. To learn more about helping, click here.
- Operation Vanguard underway in Terre Haute
- Helping homeless veterans through Operation Vanguard
- Operation Vanguard: Going homeless to help homeless vets
- Leaf pick-up underway in Terre Haute
- Investigation underway for West Terre Haute fire
- Gas pipeline upgrades underway in Terre Haute
- Operation Vanguard: Bringing awareness to homeless Veterans in the Wabash Valley
- Terre Haute Police take part in Operation Clear Track
- Brainstorming underway to further develop Terre Haute's eastside
- One shot on Garfield Avenue in Terre Haute, investigation underway